topleft
topright

Login or Register

Red-Hot Thread

"The corporate brand is not only used to improve competitive positioning and express company aspirations, it can also be a powerful tool to motivate employees."
CFOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Forget About Being a "General Manager of Finance" (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Forget About Being a "General Manager of Finance"
Forget About Being a "General Manager of Finance" 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0  
I ran across some interesting insights from CFO Executive Board. They talk about how CFOs are increasingly the first to be fired for poor performance, so playing a narrow "general manager of finance" role is no longer prudent.

Their analysis shows that CFOs who drive company performance structure their role and time allocation differently than those who do not. First, they spend more time with general managers as a way to influence operational decision making and act as a strategic partner to the CEO.

Second, they recognize the opportunity cost of managing more corporate center functions and reduce their span of control to increase time spent on more strategic areas. Third, they aggressively delegate non-strategic, process-based activities to free up time for decisions that impact performance.

How are you spending your time?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
taojj ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Forget About Being a "General Manager of Finance" 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
I know a lot of information on RS Gold. If you want a lot of runescape gold sale in the game, you can ask me. I will tell you how to buy cheapest runescape gold in the game.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply